Seiko Sewing Machine Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, the Company), regards the importance of aquired personal information from stakeholders and its protection as the basis of our business activities as well as one of our top management issues.
To provide the services with safety, security and confidence, we have designed the following basic policy, making it known to all our employees, and we have been complying with it.
- The Company will comply with the Personal Information Protection Law of Japan with its relating applicable laws and regulations, and will review this policy regularly and make its continual improvement.
- The Company will disseminate this policy to our management and employees and make all efforts to observe it.
- The Company will handle personal information within the scope of use that we have previously specified. We will not disclose or provide third parties with personal information except there is cutomer’s prior consent and/or a legitimte reason.
- The Company, with keeping personal information accurate and up-to-date status, will endeavor in the prevenation of unauthorized access to personal information, a leak/loss/destruction of personal information, etc. and regularly implement improvement and correction of security information.
- The Company will respond sincerely and swiftly to requests such as inquiries, disclosure as to personal information from our customers.
2. Purpose of use
When the Company collect personal information from our customers, we designate the purpose of its use in advance, and we will use it within the scope of its use.
3. Appropriate collection
The Company , the acquisition of personal information is done in a legal and fair means .
4. Providing information to third parties
- The Company will not provide personal information to any third party except where such disclosure:
- Is with customer’s advance consent
- Is in accordance with or required by applicable law
- Is necessary for protection of human life, physical body and property, and it is difficult or impractical to obtain the consent of the individual
- Despite the above 4.1, if deemed necessary for our affiliated company or agency to provide services and respond to inquiries, we may provide the said affiliated company and so forth with customer’s address, name and phone number, etc. In such a case, customers can request us to stop our providing personal information to the said affiliated company and so forth.
As for inquiries about disclosure, correction and deletion of personal information, please contact us using our inquiry form.
6. Other matters
- 1. Access information
- Please note that our site may obtain the access log information to render better services. Obtaining of the access logs, however, is not used for the purpose to identify customer’s personal information.
- 2. Cookies
- We use “cookies” in part of our site to facilitate effective site administration. As for cookies and IP address information, we do not regard them as personal information because by themselves one cannot identify specific individuals. As far as cookies information is concerned, it is possible to reject in your browser setting.